Structural AutoCAD/Inventor Designer
Twinscape are currently looking for a full time experienced Structural Autodesk Inventor/Designer to work for a innovative movable swimming pool floor company based in Colchester. The company designs, manufactures and installs movable floors, the majority of the company’s projects are swimming pool and spa floors, each project is unique and bespoke.
For this role, it is essential you are fully proficient AutoCAD skill set in all stages from concept to technical stages. We would also like someone who is experienced with hydraulically or mechanically powered structures.
· Extensive Autodesk Inventor skills (in particular sheet metal)
· Excellent AutoCAD skills
· Strong and confident communicator able to run their own projects and liaise directly with architects / main contractors and suppliers etc.
· Ability to clearly demonstrate creative and problem-solving design skills
· Excellent understanding of bolted steel structures and their principle design
· Solid understanding of concrete structures / steelwork and reinforcement
· Willingness to travel to site and attend / conduct meetings (maybe outside UK)
· Excellent surveying skills
· Designing in ways that are considerate of the installer
· Strong understanding of both stainless steel fabricating and machining practices and associated limitations
· Able to work to deadlines (which at times means quickly) and to a high standard
· Ability to multitask. Must be able to cope with temporarily side stepping onto a different task(s) or project
· Demonstrate H & S awareness and produce designs that reflect this
· Cost aware designing and applying this in practice
· Ability to produce accurate parts lists
· Good hand sketching skills
· Proficient in SketchUp Pro, to be able to generate renders for sales purposes
· Solid understanding of laser cutting and folding processes
· General understanding of general building practices an advantage
· A keen understanding of sensing and controls and their proper application distinct advantage
· Ability to visualise how a site should be setup and how an installation would best function.
Twinscape® offers you an independent and challenging job in a small informal team. You will play an important role within a healthy, innovative and globally orientated company in a high-end industry.
If this sounds like you, please apply below. In order to apply, you must have a full portfolio of relevant experience demonstrating your skill set. Please send your CV (no more than 7MB) for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beachfront Home Sets Trend
Private Home | Kiawah Island, Usa
Located on the magical Kiawah Island in South Carolina, this stunning outdoor swimming pool was the ‘brainchild’ of several minds – the family who owns the pool, the architects, contractor, pool designer, interior designer and Twinscape.More Details
From Shimmering Pool to Cool Party Space
Private Home | London UK
Behind the design and build of every private pool featuring a Twinscape movable floor, there is the client’s desire to make the best and most creative use of the space in their home.More Details
Ahead of the trend for a multifunctional basement
Private Home | London UK
Twinscape’s latest project was recently completed in London. The client had a young family who enjoyed swimming, but they also wanted a play area that was secure, safe & dry.More Details
Creating a Flexible Entertainment Space
Private Home | Suffolk, UK
A client in Suffolk chose a movable floor for his swimming pool on the suggestion of the architect. The client already had a pool which was in need of renovation. The architect suggested they rebuild the whole pool to incorporate a movable floor and make the area into a flexible entertainment space.More Details